Zooma Annapolis 10k Race


This past weekend my friend and I went up to Annapolis to run the Zooma 10k. It was fun race that friends and I ran last year, so I decided to keep the tradition alive! What makes it even better is that we were able to take the boat up to the race and make a full weekend out of it. The race is on Sunday, which limits our Saturday night fun...but it is worth it.

Saturday afternoon, after we docked in the harbor, we walked around and grabbed a carb filled dinner. We people watched (one of my favorite activities) from the boat and turned in early for the big race Sunday morning. We got a cab Sunday at 6am to the Navy football stadium for the 7am race! I thought that would be early enough to beat the heat, boy was I wrong! It was sticky and I was dripping sweat even before the race started. I am going to say that the heat had a role in slowing down my time. What? Its the lack of training you say? Never!!

I admit, my training for this race was absent...in that I didn't focus the weeks before on adequate mileage. It showed in my time (and how I looked crossing the finish line), but all that said I made my two goals. Even with the lack of training, I still wanted to finish this race under an hour and there was to be no walking. Meeting those goals was a small victory for me.

I need to search and sign up for another race asap or it will be tough to fit into my pants come fall...

Comments

Unknown said…
ahh! I'm so jealous - sounds like a great run (except for the heat...)! Your blog looks awesome, by the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi