#RossisDoAmalfi

Well, hello long lost travel buddy! Dusting off the old blog as we gear up for a month long adventure in Italy!

The idea to travel was a part of my maternal grandparents plan once they passed, but none of us knew about it, which makes this plan extra special! They told my mom and her 3 siblings that a trip to Italy is what they wanted for us with any leftover money. They passed away 2 years ago, so this idea has been in the making for several years!

 This trip carries extra meaning for us as my grandparents immigrated to the US in the late 60s. My grandma had to come over only with my mom, and secure work to prove her stability before my grandfather and uncles could follow. As we've gotten older my mom has shared more on her experience, and I have such respect and admiration for how strong my grandmother was - both in mind and physical grit to prove herself as an immigrant to be able to apply for a greencard.

So fast forward to today, and there are 24 adults and 8 children packed and ready to live out my grandparents dream! 

Now, we're en route to LAX to travel to Italy for an entire month! So far, I've realized that no matter how many lists and piles of stuff we planned out over the last 18 months the last mile of packing up never fails to make for a good story! May the odds be in our favor that we sneak under the 50lbs baggage limit! 🙃

Our total packing status:

5 suitcases (1 per person and one full of toys) 
4 backpacks
3 tablets
2 fanny packs
& 1 plane picnic! 

What are we most looking forward to in Italy? 

Cecilia: Watching baby shark on the tablet, and riding a train.

Christian: Seeing the ancient homes (Pompeii) and riding a high speed train!) And of course, eating Gelato.

Marcella: Seeing where my mom lived for a few years and practicing being a "local" tourist (we plan to spend lots of time in one small town vs. traveling all over).

James: Going back to Rome, absorbing life in a small town, eating new varieties of food. Seeing through eyes of our kids 

Next stop: Munich! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!