London - UK Day 4 - Travel Home!

Yes, it was one of the fastest tips on record, but we saw so much and our days were so packed it felt like it was more then just 4 days!

After our bad sleeping experience the night before and our long day we decided to take melatonin to help us sleep and ignore the random roomie who was still up. (who would have thought that I would have been the drug supplier! haha ) We packed up and organized so we would be ready in the morning for our tube trip to Heathrow.

We were up around 7, slightly refreshed and left the hostel by 8 to catch the tube at St Paul's. We were walking against people traffic since it was rush hour leaving the station, but it never occurred to us that we were the only ones walking down stairs! We got to the bottom and the guard told us that St Paul's was exit only during rush hour! Ah we had not planned for this! So we had to exit and take us and our luggage a few blocks east to get on at Bank street to then head back west over to the airport.

We sat on the tube for over an hour, after making one transfer at Holburn. We were starting to get anxious as it was past 9am and we had more than 5 stops left before getting to the airport and Sherry's flight left at 11am! It was finally 9:40 when we arrived to Heathrow stop and we booked it through the station to her terminal! After fussing with the check in kiosk we got her bag dropped and hugged goodbye! Then I had to make my way over to the United terminal for my flight departing an hour later.

I had a few minutes to spend the rest of my remaining cash at the gift shops and went to my gate. It was an easy flight home and I slept and read for most of it. There is only 1 thing I want to say about this flight and that is feet are gross! I was watching my movie, sitting on the window seat and just got done eating lunch. I was teary eyed since the movie was New Year's Eve and the love stories got to me...blah. I looked over out the window to clear my head and pull myself together and I saw something out of the corner of my eye...

TO my FRIGHT I looked down at what caught my attention and wiggled between the airplane side and my seat was someones nasty, dirty, uncut toe nailed foot!!! I gagged on the spot and I had to keep myself from throwing up! I put my pillow over the foot and tried to forget about it! EW Who does that?!!! (the person sitting behind me, obviously!)

Oh to be home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi