Car Mishap

Yes, I am home now but I forgot to add one more story about our first trip out to El Paso.

So on the drive home from our race the Check Engine light came on in the car. No worries, I thought, I will just swing by the car rental place and exchange the car for a new one. I quickly took out our personal belongings, but left the car full of trash and no gas. We showed up to the car rental place and there was no issue with changing over the cars. They printed us a new slip and gave us our new car keys. They told us to check our old car over one more time before proceeding to the new car, just to make sure we got all our personal items.

As we were walking to our car there was a family in front of us. They headed directly for our old car! Uhoh! Then they proceeded to load their luggage and get into our old car!

There is so much wrong with this situation I don't know where to begin! First, we never got to look over the car one more time! So I sure hope nothing personal was left inside that car. Second, what does that say about the rental process. Are there more then one set of keys for the cars? Did they give out the wrong pair of keys by accident and it just happened that we were there so they were able to get in the wrong car? Or, do all rental cars have the same key to get in? Third, what kind of family gets in and drives away in a car of that status. I mean do they have no expectations for a rental company. The car was covered in dirt on the outside from when we had to take it off-roading in the desert to locate some army buildings. The car was dirty on the inside because I didn't bother to take out the trash. Finally, when you turn the car on you see that there is no gas and that the check engine light appears! What family would drive away in that boggles my mind!

I wonder how their vacation turned out...

Meanwhile, we walked to our newly washed, vacuumed and fueled replacement car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi