I've been here for a week?!

G'day Mates!

The touristy stuff we did on Sunday worked out well. The Mcgoffin house was actually closed for Christmas Tea, but we persuaded them to give us a tour anyways! The house is made completely of adobe. If you are not familiar, it is a clay like substance and when it rains the house leaks. Four generations of Mcgoffins lived there before turning it over to the state. There are only two steps in the house because of the adobe there is no foundation but the walls are 3ft thick.

The aerial tramway was also pretty sweet. We ventured to the highest point in Texas. It was about a mile above sea level at the top of the Franklin Mountains. At the top, we walked around and saw two nations and 2 states. It was a clear day out so we could see well in to New Mexico and the snow resorts.

I then visited some family friends and they took me to the best taco place in the area. It was sooo good!

Yesterday, we went out to dinner and all entered in a free giveaway. Two people in our group won Vanessa Carlton concert tickets!!! I didn't know she still existed! I won a sweet Ultimate Fighting Championship DVD. (it might end up in Nick or Carlo's xmas stocking hehe).

Tonight, we took it easy and went to a Chuckie Cheese type place called: Peter Piper Pizza! It was great to play arcade games and we actually won enough tickets to collect a prize.

Work has been going well. I have been learning so much about the army and the base. Tomorrow we are going to eat breakfast at the military dining facility and then head out to the dessert (airfield and missile range) ! I hope I don't run into any snakes, or unexploded bombs for that matter. Speaking of running I need to since I am running a race this weekend in downtown El Paso!

I did get a magazine for a long drive out to the dessert. (They were trying to get us a hummer, but I think that fell through.) I have not had much access to the gossip life of LA and I cant believe the news about Britney having a baby and Helio dating the dancer and Hulk Hogan getting divorced!!! Crazzzzy!!

OH yeah the weather here is Sunny and 70's! I plan on getting a tan tomorrow! I hope you all are enjoying the snow!

Comments

LunaSea said…
Well sweetie - it snowing here - 2-3 inches they say. Enjoy reading your blog - almost feels like I'm there - well except for the snow!

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi