Last Week Here


So just as we are getting comfy it is time to start focusing on re packing and heading back to BRRRRginia!
This is what the clouds look like most days! It's so pretty!

This weekend was awesome! Friday night we went out downtown to this loud club called Groove. Ironically enough we just stood around not really getting into the crowds (though I did get asked to dance). I didnt want to rock out too hard since I was running a race the following day!

On Saturday, Ellen and I ran a 5k at a local park. We ended up winning and getting medals! I got first for our age group and ellen got second. If I need to boast any more, I was the 2nd girl to cross the finish line! I wont tell you how many people were there though....;) After the race we decided to take our chances and head down to Mexico!!!

We took a trolley, we were the only ones aboard, so the driver, Cesar, dropped us off at his friends shop. We bought up the store and even had a few free shots! Then they took us by car to the City Market. I practiced my spanish and it was a good time to talk them down in price. After a few hours of shopping we walked back into the USA. It cost us 35 cents. I tried to get the border patrol to stamp my passport, but they didnt have a stamp available....guess I have to go back!

That night we went to a Vanessa Carlton concert, cuz the boys won tickets at a restaurant last week. It was a riot, though Vanessa was very rude. We ran into her at a bar later on and she wouldn't take a picture with us. Luckily, we made friends with local El Pasoans and they took us under their wing for the night.

They took us to the neatest clubs in the area. They knew everyone so we got in for free and got to cut in line. We were out dancing till the sun came up....literally. The people here party like crazy! Obivously, that led to a Sunday of sleeping. It was like college all over again, except I am older now so it hits me harder the next day.

Today, we started on a different part of the work project. It was not much fun cuz of all the rain, but it was nice to change pace a little bit. The rain clouds created awesome skies and the way it "rolled" over the mountains. The base is starting to get really busy since thousands of troops are making their way home for the holidays.

Our last week here will be really busy. Tomorrow night is our company holiday party at a BBQ place. Wednesday night we are all going to a modest mouse concert and then Thursday and Friday we have to go out due to birthday celebrations and last night in town!

All that being said, I am ready to come home for the holidays!
Oh yeah one more thing, every morning on the news, they have a golf index. Everyday is a great day to play golf here!

Comments

LunaSea said…
Wow - first place in your age group - super!! Did you get your picture in the paper?
SamF said…
mar mar! good job winning the race, it sounds like you're having a really good time down there. I'm looking forward to us both being home though!.. see ya soon..love sam
Unknown said…
What a weekend! and here i am going to a holiday show with our parents!!! haha!

can't wait to see you for the holidays!! basement club is a must!! have a great few days!

Ciao!
laurie said…
i wanna go with you next time. can you get me a job. I especially would like to say "hi" to the cowboys on the postcard. (don't tell uncle who). hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi