Day 1: When is the next flight home?

What a long day!
The morning started out well. I met Steve at the airport and we headed out to Dallas for the first leg of the trip. The plane was full, but we were lucky enough to have a spare seat between us. It was a comfy flight, we even talked geography (yes we are nerds).

We got to Dallas ahead of schedule and the connecting flight was late, which gave us about a 3.5 hour layover. We walked all around the terminals and had an alcohol infused lunch (the drinks were large). We then met up with everyone on the connecting flight and headed to El Paso. We got our luggage and rental car with no problems.

Next stop :Hotel

First Impressions: Uhhhhh....where do we park?

Highlights: The front office was closed due to construction so we had to check in in the laundry room.
The only elevator in the building is broken. (Naturally, we are on floor 2)
Danny's reservation was lost.

Best Part: I went to check into my room, after a long day of traveling, and much to my surprise I open the door to a room where the bed was unmade and a shirtless man was standing in front of the bed!!!!! What is a girl to do but gasp and freak out?!? I slammed the door and ran around to my coworkers (Adam) room and freak out even more. Not too sure what the man was doing, but I will leave it up to your imagination...Then I run back to laundry room to tell the attendants that my room is very occupied. The mumble and tell me that it should be empty. (Well its not, genius, I saw a person there!) They give me a new room.....the key does not work and I cant get in. Soooo I march back down and the guy gets me a new key and walks me to my room. Third time is a really a charm, I guess.

What a fiasco, but at least I am in a semi decent room. We headed out to explore El Paso and grab some much needed dinner. It was an eventful drive, saw many fast food places and even thought we crossed into Mexico...

Car ride quote: "Did we really just pass a Rent-A-Tire?"
Yup, in El Paso you can even rent a tire or two!

After dinner we head to Target to get essentials such as bedsheets and food.

Now back and relaxing (sorta) we are resting up for our first day of training tomorrow.

Oh, what a night!

Comments

laurie said…
hope you didn't have to pay extra for the man..hehe it's to early yet to ride a cowboy...love ya

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi