Jet Lag

I thought I had escaped jet lag, as I have been so thrown off these past few days. No, that is not the case, I am awake at 4am in my hotel room in Texas. Good thing there is a Saved by the Bell martathon on TV to keep me company.

The plane ride home from Europe was so long!! It is always the case that flying to a place is more exciting than returning home. I sat next tot the window but soon got bored looking at the water below. I watched some movies and read a book. The flight was 9 hours but it was all during the day. I didnt want to sleep knowing that I would get home around 8pm and just want to sleep then. It seemed like it would work. I got a good nights sleep both Friday and Saturday night. Yesterday, I few here to Texas (another 2 hour time change), so all of it added up told me to wake up super early today. Oh well. Maybe I can take a nap by the pool later. Hard life, I know :-)

So, date lab....
It was a good experience and I reccommend it to anyone who wants to have a fun night out. I had a great time meeting my date, a good looking puerto rican, but we both new right away that there was no spark. We had good conversation and enjoyed each other company. Since we are both from the area, we had to to play the "do you know" game. We knew a few of the same people and that made it easier to break the ice. Dinner was most excellent. We ate like royalty at Ten Penh, on Pennsylvania Ave and the wait staff was having fun with the date as well. At the end of the night we parted ways, as I was falling asleep from being so tired getting off the plane from Europe!

There will be an article published in about a month in Washington Post's Sunday Source. They will include a picture or two and have he says, she says recap of the date. I will keep everyone posted for sure!!!

I am now back at work at the Army base and luckily we met some soilders who are having a halloween party friday night so that should be a fun time!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi