USA to Frankfurt to Venice!

I am here and already want to move in with my cousins!!! Italy is great!!!!

The plane rides were smooth but we were a bit delayed leaving Dulles. It was rush hour departing the US and rush hour entering Frankfurt, so it left me with about 20 minutes to make my connection. I thought that I would have enough time, as I asked how far my connection gate was and was told I would be fine. There was a gate change that I did not know about so I ended up having to run clear across the airport and sneaking thru the Europe passport check (US line was way too long) to make my gate. I got there right as they were boarding. Who wants to wait around anyways??

We got to fly over the Alps, which was awesome and arrived in Venezia on time. The airport was extreamly crowded but knowing I was already there, I was able to relax and take everything in. I collected my bags and went to find the bus station. Like a fool, I had no idea there was only one train station into Venice so I kept asking where Station Lucia was located and was returned only with odd looks from pรจople.

I got to Venice about three hours before Amanda was scheduled to arrive via train, so I walked around and did what I do best: eat gelato and people watched.
Ther are soooo many dogs running around. They are not gross and do not come up and bother you. Venice is known for its masks and they were being sold at every corner. People are dressed very classy and in bright colors. I was in awe watching these ladies, in high heels, pull their children in strollers up the steps. NO wonder they are so skinny!

After Amanda arrived, we walked around some more and got lost in the little alleys. We grabbed some pruchutto and a glass of wine and I got caught up on all her adventures. After, we had a man take a picture of us and his friend snuck in the picture and grabbed my butt!!!! >Wild! People told me that would happen, but soo soon??

Then, we took the train to the very eastern side of Italy to where my cousin lives in Trieste. A lady yelled at me because I put my feet on the seat by accident, then when she realized I didnt understand her she yelled even louder! Oops! Crazy italians. It was all resolved when we got to the house because a super delicious meal was waiting for us!! Mange mange!!! They have this cat who is absolutly out of control and Amanda said I have met my match. I love to torment my cat at home, but Lucky (Ericas cat) would attack me back unexpectedly under the table!

Today we are out to tour the land of Trieste, have a huge lunch at 1 and then go back to Veneiza for our romantic Gondala ride!!! Eating takes priority over here and I love it!

Tomorrow we are heading to Firenze (Florence).

Miss you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi