Last day but already planning my next trip

So, today was a great last day to spend both with Amanda and with Barcelona.

Last night we took a walk to the beach. We have only seen the Med Sea at night...kinda odd. Anyways, on our walk down these two dudes (one french, one english) stopped us and asked if we knew how to get to a restaurant. We said no, but were headed to the beach. Long story short they ended up tagging along and the four of us went to dinner at a nice restaurant on the water and then headed into Barcelona for an evening out. It was fun but since we were all new to the area we just went on suggestions. It turned out ok, except for this one bar where the median age was 66. No Joke. We didn´t stay long.

This morning we awoke to our rude hostelmate packing up and heading out. She smelled bad anyways. Then we got ready and were so excited to start our last day on the bus tour. We walked outside and it was rainy....back upstairs we went to better prepare ourselves for the weather and cold.

We went to a nice place on La Rambla (famous barcelona street) and then headed to the train station to get tickets figured out for tomorrow travels home. Their system is odd and it took forever.

Then we found our bus. It worked out very well, that bus tour, as we were able to see soo much in one day!

We saw the Plaça de catalunya and headed towards olympic park. then we saw the water front and the port. we took a break for lunch and then got back aboard and headed toward the famous Gaudi exhibits: the cathedral and Park Guell. They were both so awesome and I cant wait to show all of you pictures!!!

On another note, I submitted my profile into the washington post for this thing called Date Lab. They set you up on a date if they find you a match and then interview you about it the next day. I will be in the paper! The thing is, they scheduled it for Saturday night!!! Ekk! I fly in Friday night and then I have to fight jet lag all day to be somewhat coherent for this silly date thing! Should be a wild experiece. Then to top it all off I am fly out Sunday morning to New Mexico for work. I finally return home November 21st. Just in time for thanksgiving!

I guess I should get used to living out of a suitcase!

Random: I forgot to metion that I saw a Marcelleria!!! It is a butcher shop but nonetheless I saw my name!! The Nania clan would be proud as they told me about it when they were in Europe last!

Also, I am surprised that there is not more attention brought out by the catalan people on creating their own state. This whole time I have only seen one spray painted wall about them breaking off of Spain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Barrier Reef

Day 1 - Famiglia!

#RossisDoAmalfi